CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME – VI
OBJECTIVES: L T P C
- To excel the talents of students to face their career challenges and built confidence.
- To enable the students to speak and write in English without making any mistakes
- Students will examine the world of work, assess their interests and abilities, and make realistic career decisions.
- Students can develop interview and presentation skills.
- To fulfill the upcoming needs of the corporate world.
UNIT I LINGUISTICS SKILLS 15
Parts of Speech- Noun, Verb, Participle, Articles, Pronoun, Preposition, Adverb, Conjunction. Sentences – Simple, Compound, Complex & Mixed sentences. Logical sequence of words, Higher level Reading Comprehension, Paragraph writing, Jumbled words, Sentence Rearrangement, Error Spotting, Idioms & Phrases, Word Substitution, Synonyms & Antonyms.
UNIT II QUANTITATIVE & REASONING ABILITY 15
Number theory, Percentage, Profit loss and discount, Simple and compound interest, Problems on Average & Ages, Ratio &Proportions, Mixtures and allegation, Time speed and distance-Train problems-boats and streams, Time and work -Pipes and cisterns, Probability, Permutation and combination, Mensuration, Clocks, Calendars, Analytical reasoning– Linear and circular arrangement, Blood relation, Direction Problems Logical reasoning – Number and Alpha series, coding and decoding, syllogisms, cubes, Ranking & Ordering.
UNIT III VERBAL & NON VERBAL REASONING 10
Analogy, Classification, Puzzles, , Inserting the missing character, Figure series, Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, Assertion & Reason, Statement – Arguments & assumptions, Cause & effect, Courses of Action.
UNIT IV PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT & SOFT SKILLS 10
- Body Language – Introduction, Grooming, Body Language – Body Language exhibited during professional interactions, Emotions displayed by Body Language, Postures and Gestures, Handshake, Eyes, Dressing Etiquettes, Hygiene & Cleanliness, Time Management.
- Interview Etiquettes – Meaning, Purpose, Personality traits and improvement, Interview process and types, checklist – do’s and don’ts, Dress code, Importance of Body language in interviews, Self Introduction.
- Resume Building – Introduction, Difference between Resume and CV, Strategy of Resume Writing from Employees Perspective, Favorable first impression, Body of the resume, clarity and crispness, format and content
- Group Discussion – Types, Key steps to succeed in Group Discussion, Responsibility of the first speaker, Guidelines – Do’s and Don’ts during Group Discussion, The technique of summing up.
UNIT V : Company Specific Training 10
TOTAL HOURS 60
- Edgar Thorpe & Showick Thorpe, “Winning Interviews”, Pearson Publications.
- John Eastwood, “Oxford Practice Grammar”, Oxford.
- Rajesh “Verma, Fast Track Objective Arithmetic”, Arihant Publications.
- K.Panday, “Analytical Reasoning”, Magical Series.
- P.Bakshi, “Objective English” Arihant Publications.
- V.Praveen, “Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning” PHI Publication.
R.S.Agarwal, “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations”, S.Chand & Company Pvt Limited